© Nicolas Lachapelle, Souterrains, 2017
Support for the Creation Program
Call for submissions
Applications may be submitted at any time.
Support for the creation is intended to support artists interested in experimentation and in pushing the boundaries of the moving image in all its forms. This support can be used at any steps of the project.
Artists selected under this program have free access to:
- Our editing and colorization rooms, sound booth and digitizing equipment for a maximum of two weeks. These two weeks can be contiguous or spread over the year;
- Three meetings with Vidéographe’s team to discuss the project and its circulation potential;
- The possibility of organizing a private screening at Videographe.
It is not necessary to be a member of Vidéographe to apply; however, should your proposal be accepted, we will ask that you become a member. Once you have signed the agreement, you will have a full year to take advantage of the benefits that this program has to offer. Regular membership fees are $50 + tx per year and student membership fees are $25 + tx per year.
We are looking to support independent experimental or documentary works that stand apart for their currency and endeavour to renew the artistic language. We will accept proposals for single-channel video, installation, Web-based work, and all other forms of moving image. Please note that all works must be independent and non-commercial. Projects of a conventional nature, such as classic short narrative film or television documentary will not be considered.
Once your project is finished, you can submit it to the acquisition committee for active distribution by Vidéographe. Please note that acceptance onto the Support for the Creation Program does not guarantee that your work will be distributed, however.
Please visit our website to have more details about our equipement.
- Candidates must possess full editorial and creative control of the project.
- Projects must be independant and non-commercial.
- Projects that have received support through this program may not be re-submitted.
- Student projects are not admissible.
We strongly believe that diversity enriches our field and therefore encourage artists from all cultural backgrounds, of all abilities, and across all genres to apply.
Works will be chosen by a selection committee made up of Vidéographe staff and members.
Projects that are retained will be subject to a contractual agreement between the artist and Vidéographe. Schedules, revised budgets, and requirements regarding equipment, rooms, and technical support will be planned and clearly laid out, as will the terms and conditions relative to each party.
- Contact information and website if applicable;
- Project description (500 words);
- Technical needs;
- Supporting documentation (current or past projects);
– maximum 10 minutes of video footage. Please send a link to your video(s). Do not forget to include the password if applicable; and/or maximum 15 images (max: 1024 px wide, 72 dpi); sketches, plans, and mock-ups may also be submitted in PDF format.
Applications will be accepted by email only. An acknowledgement of receipt will be sent. Please write SUPPORT FOR THE CREATION in the subject heading of your email and send your file to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please allow four weeks for a response. Vidéographe chooses eight projects per year.