JOB OFFER AT VIDÉOGRAPHE – DISTRIBUTION COORDINATOR
Vidéographe is an artist-run center dedicated to the research and distribution of experimental forms of the moving image. We distribute short, medium and feature-length films and video installations by independent artists from Quebec and abroad. Vidéographe is active in the commercial, educational, and institutional markets.
Vidéographe recognizes the richness of Quebec’s cultural, sexual, identity, and linguistic diversity. We encourage people from traditionally under-represented, minority or marginalized groups to apply.
The Distribution Coordinator works closely with the artists distributed by Vidéographe, from the selection of the work to its payment, including, of course, its distribution in various artistic and media networks. This key position in the organization requires a passion for the video arts, their creators and the organizations that distribute them.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establish a distribution plan for each work, share it with the artists and ensure its application.
- Actively seek out new distribution channels for each work.
- Maintain relations with artists.
- Open author files and manage copyrights.
- Supervise and draft contractual agreements
- Monitor activity revenues and distribution invoices.
- Participate in the evaluation committee for new acquisitions, take minutes and follow up with artists for required material.
- Participate in the identification of new titles for the collection
- Gather information and ensure the production of the necessary promotional documents for each work.
- Supervise and evaluate distribution trainees.
- Represent the organization at events, CEGEPs and universities.
- Help write grant applications and reports.
- Write letters of interest and recommendation for artists’ projects and grant applications.
- University degree in a field related to film, media arts, communications or any other relevant field
- Experience in a similar position
- Knowledge of video distribution and the Quebec arts and media community
- Knowledge of Office suite software (Word, Excel)
- Interest in new distribution tools
- Ability to supervise an intern
- Fluency in spoken and written French, English an asset.
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills
- Autonomy, initiative and interpersonal skills
- Workplace: 4550 rue Garnier, Montreal, H2J 3S7
- Schedule: 32 hours per week
- Compensation: hourly wage of $20.20
Please send your resume and cover letter by November 17, 2023 to the attention of Mick Sand at email@example.com.
We warmly thank all interested candidates. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.