Program Coordinator: LUX Creation and Dissemination Residency
* Deadline: Monday, November 20, 2017
Main Film, OBORO, PRIM and Vidéographe have come together to offer LUX – a new initiative dedicated to the creation and dissemination of original moving image works by artists from Quebec and Canada.
LUX is a residency aimed at artists working in media and digital arts who would like the support of these partner organizations to produce a new work in the form of single-channel video, installation, or performance, or using new immersive or interactive technologies. Three artists will be supported through the residency program.
The LUX Coordinator will manage the residency program. He or she will organize the selection process and facilitate the relationship between the selected artists, the partner artist-run centres and any external people who may be called upon for guidance during the making of the works. The Coordinator will also manage the allocation of resources so that they are distributed fairly between the projects.
- Inform artists about the program and the different partners.
- Organize the project submissions for assessment.
- Coordinate the selection jury meetings.
- Inform applicants of the outcomes of the selection process .
- Organize meetings with the artists at various stages of their projects and help them to establish their requirements, particularly if they require the assistance of external experts.
- Establish and follow up with agreements with the partners involved according to the specific requirements of each project.
- Facilitate liaisons between the artists and partner artist-run centres.
- Plan the production schedule for the selected projects to the point of completion.
- Organize logistics for artists from outside of Montréal.
- Project management experience in the arts and/or cultural fields.
- Excellent knowledge of the independent media arts network across Quebec and Canada.
- Awareness of current trends in media arts.
- Technical knowledge relative to the production of media arts works.
- Proficiency in French and English, both spoken and written.
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills; able to work independently and use own initiative.
- Fixed fee contract of $10,100. Billing periods will be determined at the time of signing the contract.
- Duration of employment: December 2017 to February 2020, the production deadline for the selected projects. The Coordinator will be available throughout this period.
- Hours: very flexible with quiet and variable periods depending on the nature and requirements of each project.
- Start date: 4 December 2017.
- Place of work: Vidéographe, 4550 Garnier St, Montréal, QC H2J 3S7.
Please send your CV and supporting letter to the attention of the Hiring Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The partner centres are fully committed to the principals of employment equity. We invite and encourage applications from all qualified women and men, including persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, and Aboriginal peoples.
All applications are gratefully received. Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
For further information please contact email@example.com.