Digital exploration and outreach
As an artist-run centre, Vidéographe is committed to creating a positive societal impact through its Digital exploration and outreach program. We believe that exposure to the arts can have important positive impacts and can play a significant part in academic and social success. Through its education and outreach program, Vidéographe offers opportunities for learning and artistic creation to adolescents and young adults. The activities take place in our partner spaces and at Vidéographe.
Our Digital exploration and outreach program comprises the following activities:
- Exploring experimental video practice through several themes (video art, dance video, socio-political and identity-based themes).
- Meetings with Quebec-based artists who discuss their work and their career paths to inspire young people.
- Exploring different creative techniques such as stop motion animation, drawing on film, making experimental video.
Our interventions are aimed at young people, to develop their social and emotional well-being, while also:
- arousing their interest in the arts
- introducing them to new works of art
- guiding them in learning a diverse range of creative techniques and approaches
- sharing positive and unconventional career paths
- valorizing their own artistic expression
- putting forward different points of view, histories and cultural knowledges as beneficial elements for the advancement and development of media arts in Quebec
About our partners
Dans la rue
Founded by Father Emmett Johns “Pops” in 1988, Dans la rue helps young people who are homeless or at risk. With dedication, empathy and respect, and with the support of the community, the centre cares for their immediate needs and works with them to gain the skills and resources necessary to lead more independent and rewarding lives.
Centre le Beau Voyage
The Centre le Beau Voyage is a community youth organization that has been active in the Plateau Mont-Royal district for more than forty years. The Centre’s mission is to support the physical, social, psychological, and intellectual development of young people by eliminating or diminishing the impact of a range of social issues affecting young people and their families. Through activities and services, the Centre aims to foster self-esteem, independence, and empowerment.
The Maison d’Haïti is a cultural community organization dedicated to the education and integration of immigrant individuals and families, and to the fostering of direct links with the host society. The organization’s mission is to promote, integrate and improve the living conditions and rights of immigrants and Quebecers of Haitian origin, as well as to promote their participation in the development of the host society. All of its interventions are driven by a citizen-centred approach and are intended to equip participants so that they can have a voice and take action as citizens.
La culture à l’école Program
The goal of ”La culture à l’école du ministère de l’Éducation Program” is to develop culturally active citizens by increasing the number of experiences offered to students in preschool, elementary and secondary education, as well as in vocational training and general adult education.
The ”Ateliers culturels à l’école” component allows cultural resources like Vidéographe, listed in the Répertoire culture-éducation, to visit classrooms and present their creative process to students in a short workshop.
List of our activities :