Financial Development Assistant
Founded in 1971, Vidéographe is an artist-run centre dedicated to the research and dissemination of moving image practices. This includes video art, installation, digital art, animation, documentary, essay, dance video and fiction. We endeavour to promote the recognition and understanding of current and archival works equally.
Vidéographe recognizes the richness of cultural, sexual, linguistic, and identity-based diversity in Québec. We encourage members of minority, marginalized, or traditionally underrepresented groups to apply for this position.
In the autumn of 2019, Vidéographe will launch a fundraising campaign targeting businesses and individual donors in order to finance its activities. The Financial Development Assistant will be responsible for the solicitation of donors, seeking out new partners and sponsors, and organizing a fundraising campaign targeting private donors.
Vidéographe is a workplace that places collaboration, equity and respect at the heart of its operations. Financial Development Assistant reports to the Executive Director and works closely with the entire team.
The Philanthropic Development and Partnerships Coordinator will:
- Reactivate partnerships with businesses.
- Identify and solicit new businesses and foundations.
- Coordinate a strategy for soliciting and collecting private donations.
- Implement the current loyalty plan.
- Update and add information to the database.
- Organize Finance Committee meetings.
- Oversee the administrative aspects of fundraising.
- Write solicitation and thank you letters.
- Analyse and assess the results of the campaign.
- Support the executive director with grants’ submissions and reports.
- A college or university qualification in cultural organization management, philanthropic management, marketing, communications or another relevant field.
- Experience in managing partnerships and sponsorships, or other relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of independent media arts in Quebec and Canada (an advantage).
- Knowledge of current trends in the field.
- Proficiency with computers and databases.
- Fluent in French and English, written and spoken.
- Able to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Can use own initiative and has good organizational and interpersonal skills
Employment terms and conditions
- Essential: candidates must be eligible for a wage subsidy from Emploi-Québec and have a letter proving their eligibility.
- Place of work: 4550 Garnier Street, Montréal, Quebec H2J 3S7
- Hours and salary: to be discussed
- Fixed term: 30 weeks
- Start date: August 26, 2019
Deadline to submit your application: July 28th, 2019.
Please send your curriculum vitae and cover letter for the attention at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications are gratefully received. Unfortunately, we are only able to contact those short-listed for interview.