© Qirou Yang, Eye Rhymes, 2021
CALL FOR VIDEOPOEMS
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
The Festival de la poésie de Montréal (FPM) and Vidéographe are inviting poets and video artists to submit a video poem as part of the Rendez-vous vidéopoésie (RVVP).
This special project will be part of the next Festival de la poésie in Montréal, which will take place from May 30 to June 5, 2022.
Since 2000, the FPM has brought together poets, researchers and publishers every year. Its role is to disseminate and promote the works of poets in Quebec and abroad.
In collaboration with Vidéographe, the FPM presents the seventh RVVP competition. The finalist video poems will be selected by a jury. The best work will be awarded a prize of $500 and will be distributed by Vidéographe.
- A videopoem can be made by a videographer assuming the choice of the poem or co-directed by a videographer and a poet and, of course, a poet can assume the full realization.
- Videopoems must be made by a Quebec or French Canadian poet or videographer or present extracts from Quebec (or French-Canadian) poems.
- To be eligible for the competition, videopoems must have been made between January 1, 2021 and February 10, 2022.
- If selected, the video must be delivered in ProRes format (1920 x 1080).
- Each candidate may submit only one videopoem. The maximum duration of the videopoem is five minutes, including the credits.
- A videopoem already submitted to RVVP can not be resubmitted in a previous edition, even with reworked content.
- Candidates must have all rights involved in videopoem: images, texts, music, etc.
- In the “Website” section of the form, candidates must provide a hyperlink (Vimeo, YouToube, .mov, h264, .mp4) through which it will be possible to view their videopoem.
► Deadline : February 10, 2022
For further information, please contact Stéphanie Guité-Verret of Festival de la poésie de Montréal at firstname.lastname@example.org